Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tour de Northwest


It's July. And in the tradition of the 97th edition of the Tour de France, I've spent my last days out on the roads with no two days alike.


First, I left Bend for Portland; then the City of Roses gave way to the port town of Astoria, Oregon.


My gypsy in arms came all the way from across the Atlantic to take in America, experience the 4th of July and to touch the Pacific for the first time. Forget Swatch watches or Swiss chocolate, this is the finest of Schweiz's imports.



Just as this tour came to end, so soon shall my time in Bend. Next week I load up the truck for good, leave the House of Fun solely in the hands of Decker and Lieto, and trade it in for some quality time up in the north country. Before arriving in Mazama I have one more stopover, though. I've been invited to lend a hand coaching the young up-and-comers at the PNSA ski camp at Trout Lake, Washington next week.

No comments: