Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Photos and Stories


One of the definite perks of living in the District is having the National Mall to run beside or stroll through the Lincoln Memorial or the Washington Monument. 


Women get a day at the Tour de France? This is kind of a big deal. 


No Americans wore yellow from the 2014 route from Leeds, England to Paris, France. But Tejay van Garderen and Company give US cycling fans something more than just hope.


It's pretty sweet covering the "minor sports." I'm pretty sure golfers, especially the ladies on the LPGA Tour, are some of the more intelligent and interesting personalities in sport. 


I'd never heard the Secretary of U.S. Soccer's defense Tim Howard speak before asking him a few questions on the phone. It was quick, but a great conversation. Afterwards I wrote my fastest article ever for USA Today. 25 minutes after I hung up the phone I had the story of how the US National Team goalkeeper would be working the microphone on the English Premier League... in between playing for Everton in the English Premier League. 



Catch up with potential Team USA Paralympic members of Rio here. I really hope I did their story justice. 


Next stop, more tennis. Got a couple articles in the can for lead-in to the U.S. Open. The ATPhttp://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2014/08/01/american-donald-young-citi-open-semifinal/13496945/ and WTA circuit is also back in the nation's capitol for the Citi Open. I wonder where I will be?



No comments: